Every culture, every tribe, and every corporation has a “creation story” that gives meaning to their existence. It is their reason for being, the mission statement, and the bond that reveals a common purpose. It is the foundation of the tribe that is necessary for a group of people to share an inspiration or achieve a collective goal. Similarly, a “vision story” connects the traditions of the past with a commitment to the future. It is the bridge from what was, to what can be. The vision story embraces the cultural history of the organization, celebrates is core values, and then charts a new course into the future.
It is my purpose, and the meaning of my existence is to help you find and write your story. I will uncover what makes your company or organization special, and expose what will unite your employees and engage your customers. I will write your story and provide your marketing and advertising folks with fresh insights to share your story and generate sales. To make your audience care you need to believe it yourself. You need to believe in your history and take the best of what you once were into the future with you as you chart a new course. If you are seeking a new path or struggling to find your unique purpose…you need to hire a storyteller.
Here is how will I do it?
By immersing myself into everything you are: Your history, your traditions, and your current situation. I do my homework. It can be as extensive as necessary to tackle a specific problem or initiate a fundamental change in your organization. For start-ups and young companies, the exercise can set the foundation of your brand story and marketing message. Knowing who you are and what you believe in will provide the direction you need to connect with your customers.
Here is what I do:
- Review company goals and objectives – successes and failures
- Review current marketing mix, budgets, and ROI
- Review products, customer service, sales, PR, pricing, procedures, etc.
- Track sales and web traffic, linking sales to promotions and advertising
- Review your competitive analysis
- Review trends in your areas of interest
- Review profitability of products
- Interview current customers, individually or in focus groups
- Have informal conversations with old and new employees
- Reach out to lost customers
- Write your creation story and connect your traditions to your future aspirations
When your story is written I can also help by providing Custom Marketing solutions.
My definition of Custom Marketing is a targeted communication strategy that will inspire an audience by stimulating their senses at every touch point. It combines a fundamental grassroots understanding of your customers with a genuine authenticity in your marketing message that is integrated throughout all of your marketing materials, advertising, web-sites, custom publishing, corporate communications, PR, trade shows, and events. The goal is not only to communicate with your prospects, but to establish a tribal connection that will generate sales.
- Develop a targeted marketing and media strategy
- Offer new Ideas to focus your marketing message
- Offer new creative solutions for customer communications
- Explore new opportunities, areas of potential growth, and propose synergistic partnerships